The inter-religious convention will be held from 4th to 6th December 2023 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Interested participants are encouraged to express their interest in participating by June 30th, 2023.
What is required:
- Motivation Letter
- Your participation in the convention, for example, hosting a parallel session, presenting a poster, and exhibiting your work and materials.
- Your mode of payment for the convention, will you cover the convention fee and travel costs or apply for a scholarship? The scholarship guidelines are available here (to be added later)
- A letter of support from your institution
- Our scientific task force will review your application, and Faith to Action Network will communicate the outcome by July 31st.
- Clearly articulated motivation to participate
- Relevance of application regarding the central theme and sub-themes
- Commitment to the principles of participation
- Experience and commitment to inter-religious work
- Experience and commitment to rooting work in people’s lived realities, including seeking their communities’ and constituencies’ perspectives before attending the convention
- Experience in promoting change
- Methodology for parallel sessions is interactive and involves participants
- Methodology for parallel sessions is collaborative
- The institution welcomes participation
- To ensure a rich diversity of perspectives and experiences, special attention will be put towards: religious diversity (this includes traditional religions), gender, age, geography, and ability statu